Reasons to be happy again.

Many things have been making me smile recently.

I have been lucky to have some time with my friends on the weekends instead of just hanging out with O.

The Blessing girls
I had my friend Kelly's bachelorette party last weekend.  I got to spend time with Kristeen, Christine, Jess, Gail and Amy.  We had such a fun time catching up.  We had a few drinks and got silly like we were kids again. (Not really kids, but maybe like 10 years ago.  Mom, I didn't drink when I was a kid, ok?)  We visited some fine establishments in Chilton, Stockbridge, Sherwood and St. Nazianz.  It was a great night had by all.  Now, when we talk about the next day...that was a different story.  Ladies, we're not able to bounce back like we used to.  I had Doritos and Starbucks for breakfast that day.  I came home and took a nap. The longest nap since before I had O. An hour and a half!  (Thanks to my mom for keeping Olivia longer, so I could rest.)  Then I got ready and headed to my friend's house and had a nice afternoon outside.  I then ate pizza and fell asleep.
Kelly and I on her fun night.
All of our fancy shoes


Breakfast of champions.

On  Friday, I hung out with my Ripon girls at the Big Bay Brewing establishment.  Piotrowski's were nice enough to host us for the evening. It was great catching up, eating and drinking wine.


I've also been hanging out with an old friend lately.  We've been friends for 13 years.  We lost touch for a few years, but since we've been hanging out again, it's like no time had ever gone by.  We talk all the time.  And of course text.  (I text more in one day than I did all of last year.  Times have changed!)  It's been great reconnecting and having such a fun time.  Especially watching the Brewers with a glass of wine.   I can talk to him about anything and he understands.  He knows me better than a lot of people. It's nice not to have to explain things all the time, because he already knows.  He's made me not be sad anymore.  I used to cry almost every day, but now I don't.  I caught myself the other week singing to a song in the car.  That was a huge accomplishment for me.  The last time I sang in the car was before Patrick died.  I smile a lot more.  We laugh about a lot of things.  I've also cried and talked about Patrick with him.  He's very supportive and always there for me.  It's been very nice to have my best friend back.  Thanks, Matt.

Olivia. 6 months old.



Olivia turned 6 months old on the 9th.  She has really been growing.  She has been cutting her 2 bottom teeth for the past 2 weeks.  A little fussy here and there, but she really hasn't been bad at all.  I'm pretty lucky.  She's also started sitting up on her own.  She's growing up too fast for me!

Here is a link to her photo shoot with my sister.
http://carazimages.zenfolio.com/p632300168

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you've been smiling more lately and even find yourself singing. Olivia's smiling, too and looks so sweet. Many blessings on your life ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Patrick,

1,096 Days

Thankful