Prison

Most people know I have a liking for prisons.  My favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption.  I'm fascinated by how they work.  The social situations that happen there.  How they physically work. 





I have been seeing my life as a prison in a way.  I'm limited to what I can and cannot do.  How people view or look at me.  I'm a young widow.  I'm on my own.  I don't have a boyfriend/fiance/husband at my side.  I'm not saying my life is horrible and I wear the prison blues.  I do get three squares a day, get limited outdoor activity, work my tail off every day and rarely get to see friends.  Ok. That was kind of funny.

Prison blues at Alcatraz


My life is good.  But limited.

I'm traveling for work a lot lately.  2 trips to San Fran in 2 months.  I'll be out there again in 3 weeks.  My parents have Olivia all week.  That's a lot for them to take care of her every day and every night.  But this time I have in San Fran has been good to me.  It's a lot of hard work before I even get out there.  Then when I'm there, it's long days every day.  The travel isn't easy and I'm usually super tired all week.  But it's been worth it.  I miss Olivia like crazy out there, but I'm so excited when I get to see her. 

Olivia's message to me while I was gone.

Olivia and Grandma building her first snowman

Olivia's first time in the snow.


It's sad, but I consider my work trips my vacations for the year.  I don't have anything planned at all this year.  I even have an extra week of vacation!  It's hard to even plan anything in between the work trips.  I want to spend as much time as I can with Olivia.  And I don't want to over use the family that I have helping out with Olivia.  If it wasn't for my parents and Mike and Shauna...I'm not sure how any of this would be possible.  They help out in last minute situations and long term.  They help me so I only have to pay for Part Time day care for Olivia.  They pick her up from day care because I can't get there in time from work.  They take her to doctor appointments when I can't.  They're not just family, they're helping raise my daughter without me even asking.  That's something to be proud of.
Grandpa watching Olivia

So, the highlight of my trip last week. ALCATRAZ!!!!!!!!  I booked the tickets as soon as I got my flight.  It was so cool to see.  The ferry ride over is way shorter than I expected.  Possibly swim-able. Hahaha.   We took the guided tour.  It was very educational and so neat to see.  I was so excited for this trip and it turned out great.  Being a security guard in a prison is in the top 10 list of other occupations to have if I wasn't a recruiter.  That and obviously a CSI.  Duh.

In a jail cell


One of the cells they broke out of.





I'm still trying to sell my house.  The new floors should be going in soon.  I hope that will boost some buyers.  I really need to get that out of my hands.

http://www.coldwellbanker.com/property?propertyId=206401504&action=detail&brandType=CB&mode=detail


Olivia is going to be 16 months next week.  She's running everywhere.  Talking (Chinese) up a storm.  In time-outs at Grandmas.  She's in a "grabbing" phase.  Not sure if you all know, but that comes after the biting phase.  She's been very good considering me being gone for 2 weeks in the last month, teething (molars) "day care colds", and her first ear infection.  She's doing so much better at day care, too.  It just took her time to get adjusted and now that she's feeling so much better, she loves it.  She's been goofy lately, too.  She knows she's funny.  Takes after her father.  He'd be proud for sure. 

Cheese!
Valentine's Day


First sub sandwich




















I love Pinterest.  I get lost in it some days.  I love it.  I would love to host a party and you can only bring/make things that you found on there and that you have pinned on your board.  Cool right?

I'm in a group on line that has been keeping me positive.  I have never met one of the girls on there (mostly from Patrick's High School), but I feel like I'm friends with them all.  Giving a shout out to my girls in APS Self Improvement Society! Holla!!!! 

So I bought a treadmill on clearance.  So I ran a few times.  So I got sick a few times. So I don't get home til late and go to bed early. So I travel a lot lately.  So I have a lot of excuses and just need to get my fat a$$ on it.  I wish I had as much motivation to run as I did eat or go on Facebook.

I need a date for June 2nd.  Just sayin'.

Cut my hair short.



Had a blast in the dells with my cousin Rob and his family.  Thanks for the fun get-away!!!

Olivia withe her ears on

Rob with Olivia's ears on



















my bathing beauty





Olivia's 15 mo appointment went great.  Ahead on her motor skills.  87% for her length and 45% for her weight.  Tall and skinny. 

Had a CT scan last month.  They recommend I get sinus surgery and fix my deviated septum.  I'd like to do it just so I don't have sinus headaches and before allergy season hits.  Just not sure I can take 2 weeks off of life/work/Olivia. 

I love chocolate.  More than being skinny.  I love chocolate.  And candy.

Have my idea for my 2nd tattoo.  Just need the right font.  And time to get away for an hour and do it.

Please vote for my blog.  I really want people to know that there are young widows out there, with kids, working full time jobs, and not your stereotypical old housewife in her 80's.  It's different out there these days.  And unfortunately I have many friends that are in my same exact situation. 

http://www.circleofmoms.com/top25/Top-25-Moms-with-Inspiring-Families-2012#_



Best buds

Art project 

Reading as usual

Of course.  How can I not put something PJ in my blog?

Comments

  1. Wow, I can just sense your happiness from your post all the way over here in UK :)
    Much blessings, strength & happiness your way :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you today. Oh, and i love prisons too. I used to live in Philadelphia. If you ever get out there you need to go to the Eastern State Penitentiary. My husband thinks I'm crazy. I like asylums too, so I just might be. I see you're from Wisconsin. If you ever need some time away in Chicago, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Patrick,

Thankful

1,096 Days