Milestones and lots of catch up...not ketchup, which I do love.

Olivia
Olivia is now almost a year old.  She can do so many things.
  • Play Patty Cake, Peek-a-boo, So Big
  • Says Mama (Mom), Dada, Hi, Grandma (Ah-ma), Pa-Pa,
  • Can dance, shake her head no, crawl, walk along furniture, stand on her own, crawl up the stairs, 
  • Eats regular food and drinks out of sippy cup
  • Recognizes people in photos
  • Loves shoes and clothes as much as mommy
  • Poses for pictures.
  • When I say, "oh, so pretty..." She takes her hand and pretends to comb her hair.
  • She plays well with her cousin Kate
  • Loves Dogs and Cats
  • Loves to get scared-makes her laugh.
  • Has taken 2-3 steps a lot the last day or so
  • Laughs all the time and knows when she's funny

1 Year
It's been just over a year since I moved out of my house in Wauwatosa to the condo here in Fond du Lac.  This place has become our home until I can sell the house down there and buy one here.  It's nice to have a place with not so many memories, but yet we are building our own here.

Cara's big day
Last weekend was a special day for Cara and Jason.  The weather was perfect and everything went off without a hitch.  Everyone was beautiful.  It was a hard day, as Patrick was supposed to stand up as a Groomsmen.   It was hard not having him there.  Olivia and I had a lot of  help from friends and family all day.  It's hard being the maid of honor and having a baby with you all day.  I felt like I was always doing something.  For a long time, I forgot to have a cocktail:)   By the time Sunday came, we slept a lot that day.  A lot.

O and I after I got my hair and make-up done

Mom and I before the ceremony

O in her pretty red dress

Work
For the past 6 months or so, I've had a newer role at work.  Instead of recruiting candidates for open positions for our IT department, I've started working with our internal talent and consultants.  It's a nice change after being in the industry 2 months short of 14 years.  Holy crap.  I've been out of college that long?  Ugh.  I'm old.

Drive
Yes, I'm still doing the hour commute each way to work, 3 days a week.  Now that it's getting later in the season, it's dark when I leave and dark when I get back.  I do get to see the sunrise and sunset every day.  Can't beat that.


House
I'm STILL trying to sell the house.  I wish I could just get it off my hands.  I'm hoping I don't lose my life savings in the process.  I worked very hard to build up all that equity.  Whoosh. It's all gone in an instant....


Birthday
We are getting ready for Olivia's One Year Birthday Party.  Mom and I are hard at work.  I already bought a lot of stuff a couple of months ago.  Now it's getting all the details together.  It's going to be a big party.  She deserves it.  She won't get to have her dada here to help celebrate, so everyone else will be there for her. 

New toys
I finally got my new iPhone.  It's awesome.  I had the oldest version for the past 2 years.  It's such a huge difference.  I love it.
I also got a new organizer notebook from my Shauna (Mike and kids) for my early Christmas present.  As you all know, I love being organized.  Maybe a little too much.  But you have to.  You have to have things ready at all times and be prepared when you're on your own.  No choice.




Pearl Jam
I got the new DVD in the mail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I also have it on my DVR.  Why, in case I borrow it to someone I still have it:)  It's awesome.  It goes through their chronicles of how they started and how they got to where they are today.  It will be one of those that I watch quite a few times.

Friends
I've been very lucky this past year to become closer friends with a few people.  One of them I get to work with again, which is awesome!  We talk almost every day.  I feel like we are dating.  LOL  She has been so supportive and is always there for me.  Whenever I need to talk, she's there.  Whenever I need to vent, there.  I just wish she was closer so she could share my wine stock with me. 
Other people have also amazed me by their actions.  If you're not going to be nice to me 99.9% of the time, then don't be my friend.  I don't put up with Sh** anymore.  Sorry.  I've been through too much the past few years (Patrick getting laid off, going extra measures to get pregnant, Patrick getting sick, heart attack, passing away while I was pregnant, no life insurance, becoming a widow at 35, only parent and Olivia doesn't have a dad) to deal with more BS.  My life is crazy enough.  I don't need anyone else to make me crazier.  I'll do that myself.  Trust me.  LOL

Wine
Yes I love it.  I usually get a box of wine because it's cheaper and lasts longer.  No, I don't drink every night like most might think.  I just like to have a small glass with supper or to wind down at the end of the day.  Sometimes when it's been crazy, I  might have two or even forget to have one at all.

Coupons
I use them all the time.  I love them. Favorite part of the Sunday paper.  When you have to go to Target every 2 weeks or so, why not save $25 every time you go?  I'm not an extreme couponer, but I always have toilet paper, paper towel, formula, diapers and wipes on hand.  I also buy ahead for Olivia's clothes.  When it's on the clearance rack for $2 and then I have 3 coupons?  Why not. 

Daring Olivia getting into trouble


So Big! Olivia at the Little Farmer
My silly girl

She'll always be my baby. No matter how big she gets.

    Comments

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    Dear Patrick,

    Thankful

    1,096 Days