Thankful

I'm following suit on 2 other blogs I read and talking about what I'm thankful for.  There have been so many bad things going on, that you have to be thankful for what you have.

I am thankful for...
  • My mom, dad and sister-in-law for watching Olivia during the week while I work.
  • A warm and loving environment for Olivia to grown up in.
  • Great friends...old and new.
  • A car that's paid off (Patrick's that has plenty of miles on it) that I drive my 500 mile weekly commute.
  • People in my life helping out with Patrick's memorial fund.
  • Family and friends keeping Patrick's memory alive.
  • Olivia. She keeps me on my toes, sleeps through the night, eats well and is happy 99% of the time.
  • All of the presents and donated items for Olivia, so she has everything she needs.
  • That Patrick knew he was going to be a daddy to a little girl and we got to decide on a name before he died.
  • DVR. I don't have time to watch live TV anymore. 
  • Doctors and Nurses at Froedtert and St. Luke's for them being able to do all they could to save Patrick.
  • Cameras. To capture all of my moments with Olivia.
  • Fat clothes. Until I lose 3 more pounds of baby weight and an extra 10-15 pounds.  I'm not sure how I would look at work in my sweatpants.
  • Wine. I just really like wine.  It tastes so good.
  • Doritos. I just really like Doritos.  They taste so good.
  • Family. For every time I need them and for helping me raise Olivia.
  • Eye cream.  So people at work don't think I'm a zombie with my bags and dark circles.
  • iPhone.  If you have one, you know why I like it.
  • Having a birthday.  Didn't want to turn 36, but I am here and have the opportunity to celebrate, when others can't.
  • Pearl Jam. CD's, songs on the radio, concerts, my iPod and of course, Pearl Jam Radio.
  • Merriman= Family that's not necessarily related, but always there for you.
  • Chiropractor. Keeping me in line.
  • Sunday paper.  Catching up on Fond du Lac news...lol...seriously.  The Sunday paper comes with coupons for me to clip.    Last week I was paid 1 cent to buy my toothpaste.
  • Coffee.  I have 2 cups every day.  Starbucks on a special day and if I'm super tired.
  • Flowers.  They can brighten anyone's day.
  • Getting my hair colored.  You can't see my gray then.
  • Purses.  I really like purses.
  • Shopping.  It's therapeutic.  But must use coupons and shop the sales.
  • Naps.  For Olivia, not me.  It gives me time to try and get stuff done around the house.
  • Kids.  Their laughter and voice brighten your day.
  • My calendar.  It keeps me organized.
  • Patrick Bernard Jahner. Born April 7, 2011.  
  • Patrick Bernard Blessing.  8/12/75-7/22/10. He made my life and made me a better person.
 Here are a few pictures that make me smile.

My superstar playing at Shauna's.

Olivia and I at my birthday party.

Chunky legs and leg warmers

Backup dancer for Jlo

Olivia and grandma in her skinny jeans.

Comments

  1. Love this post! Even in the midst of bad news, there is still so much to be thankful for (like wine). Speaking of, I have a lot that needs to be drunk. Let's get that wine night scheduled sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore the picture of you and Olivia- SO beautiful. Your thankful list makes me thankful. So thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget how many people are thankful for YOU - your attitude, your friendship, your grace, your example. Now let's get together and drink too much wine! xoxo, Karin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Patrick,

1,096 Days