Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thankful

I'm following suit on 2 other blogs I read and talking about what I'm thankful for.  There have been so many bad things going on, that you have to be thankful for what you have.

I am thankful for...
  • My mom, dad and sister-in-law for watching Olivia during the week while I work.
  • A warm and loving environment for Olivia to grown up in.
  • Great friends...old and new.
  • A car that's paid off (Patrick's that has plenty of miles on it) that I drive my 500 mile weekly commute.
  • People in my life helping out with Patrick's memorial fund.
  • Family and friends keeping Patrick's memory alive.
  • Olivia. She keeps me on my toes, sleeps through the night, eats well and is happy 99% of the time.
  • All of the presents and donated items for Olivia, so she has everything she needs.
  • That Patrick knew he was going to be a daddy to a little girl and we got to decide on a name before he died.
  • DVR. I don't have time to watch live TV anymore. 
  • Doctors and Nurses at Froedtert and St. Luke's for them being able to do all they could to save Patrick.
  • Cameras. To capture all of my moments with Olivia.
  • Fat clothes. Until I lose 3 more pounds of baby weight and an extra 10-15 pounds.  I'm not sure how I would look at work in my sweatpants.
  • Wine. I just really like wine.  It tastes so good.
  • Doritos. I just really like Doritos.  They taste so good.
  • Family. For every time I need them and for helping me raise Olivia.
  • Eye cream.  So people at work don't think I'm a zombie with my bags and dark circles.
  • iPhone.  If you have one, you know why I like it.
  • Having a birthday.  Didn't want to turn 36, but I am here and have the opportunity to celebrate, when others can't.
  • Pearl Jam. CD's, songs on the radio, concerts, my iPod and of course, Pearl Jam Radio.
  • Merriman= Family that's not necessarily related, but always there for you.
  • Chiropractor. Keeping me in line.
  • Sunday paper.  Catching up on Fond du Lac news...lol...seriously.  The Sunday paper comes with coupons for me to clip.    Last week I was paid 1 cent to buy my toothpaste.
  • Coffee.  I have 2 cups every day.  Starbucks on a special day and if I'm super tired.
  • Flowers.  They can brighten anyone's day.
  • Getting my hair colored.  You can't see my gray then.
  • Purses.  I really like purses.
  • Shopping.  It's therapeutic.  But must use coupons and shop the sales.
  • Naps.  For Olivia, not me.  It gives me time to try and get stuff done around the house.
  • Kids.  Their laughter and voice brighten your day.
  • My calendar.  It keeps me organized.
  • Patrick Bernard Jahner. Born April 7, 2011.  
  • Patrick Bernard Blessing.  8/12/75-7/22/10. He made my life and made me a better person.
 Here are a few pictures that make me smile.

My superstar playing at Shauna's.

Olivia and I at my birthday party.

Chunky legs and leg warmers

Backup dancer for Jlo

Olivia and grandma in her skinny jeans.

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! Even in the midst of bad news, there is still so much to be thankful for (like wine). Speaking of, I have a lot that needs to be drunk. Let's get that wine night scheduled sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore the picture of you and Olivia- SO beautiful. Your thankful list makes me thankful. So thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget how many people are thankful for YOU - your attitude, your friendship, your grace, your example. Now let's get together and drink too much wine! xoxo, Karin

    ReplyDelete